Re: Help with auto-mounting a specific file-system.

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Help with auto-mounting a specific file-system.
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 11:52:48 +0200

"Raghav Gururajan" <address@hidden> writes:

> Okay, no problem. I can just do git operations by 'cd'ing to /media/foo/bar,
> which is mounted by udisks/udiskie.

To clarify, you can configure udisks to mount your drives somewhere else
like your home directory.

> Now, I am would like to modify udisks-service-type, to include an
> option like `enable-udiskie? boolean` in udisks-configuration. If it
> is #t, udiskie will run along with udisks service, on every
> start-up. Could you help me with a scheme code to achieve this?

Udiskie is a user service, so I don't think it makes sense to include it
in udisks-service-type.

But you can run shepherd as user.  I have this service:

(define auto-mount
  (make <service>
    #:provides '(auto-mount)
    #:start (make-system-constructor "udiskie &")
    #:stop (make-system-destructor "pkill udiskie")
    #:respawn? #t))

Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/