Re: Help with auto-mounting a specific file-system.

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: Re: Help with auto-mounting a specific file-system.
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 09:39:27 -0400

> To clarify, you can configure udisks to mount your drives somewhere else
> like your home directory.

Ah I see. Btw, guix does not use udisks to mount file-systems right?

Like mounting root file-system at "/", guix just uses mount command correct?

> Udiskie is a user service, so I don't think it makes sense to include it
> in udisks-service-type.

Oh. I have to read about types of services then. As a guess, is it the
difference between service running 'system-wide' and 'as and for that user'?

> But you can run shepherd as user.  I have this service:

> (define auto-mount
>   (make <service>
>     #:provides '(auto-mount)
>     #:start (make-system-constructor "udiskie &")
>     #:stop (make-system-destructor "pkill udiskie")
>     #:respawn? #t))

Thanks so much. Just to double check, should I put this in my config.scm?

Regards,
RG.