Re: guix build problem, no RUNPATH on libpthread.so

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: guix build problem, no RUNPATH on libpthread.so
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 16:20:41 +0200

Dear,

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 at 11:56, Michael Zucchi <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]

> I ran guix environment guix --pure.

Which version (commit) of Guix do you use?
Could you provide the output of "guix describe"?

> Then I ran configure but it failed saying that guile 3.0 could not be
> found.  After some poking i found this is provided by the guile-next
> package, so I had to manually install that.  So the instructions didn't
> work right off the bat but configure then completed just fine.

Which commit of the repo are you trying to compile?

> However make then fails:

Depending on when was the last "guix pull" and when was the last "git
pull" and what you already compiled month ago, failing could happen;
especially because Guile has been updated from 2 to 3.

After updating "guix pull" and "git pull", you could try:

  guix environment guix --pure
  make distclean
  ./configure --localstatedir=/var/
  make