Re: Help on writing package definitions

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Help on writing package definitions
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 16:17:36 +0200

On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 at 14:21, Emmanuel Medernach
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes, it is not listed in this list because it is specific to the project. I
> would like to be able to create one new license but the license function is
> not exported.

It appears to me a good idea to export the record 'license'.

The tiniest trivial patch [1] ;-)

[1] http://issues.guix.gnu.org/40795

> How do you debugged this issue to find that we have to add pkgconfig ?

Because the 'modify-phases' uses pkg-config and everything is isolated.

To be fully clean, 'pkg-config' should go to 'native-inputs' [2];
maybe the others too, do not know enough about your package.

[2] https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/guix.html#package-Reference

All the best,
simon