Guix on the MNT Reform

From: Christopher Lemmer Webber
Subject: Guix on the MNT Reform
Date: Fri, 08 May 2020 11:06:04 -0400

I'm very excited to see the MNT Reform launch:

  https://www.crowdsupply.com/mnt/reform
  https://www.crowdsupply.com/mnt/reform/updates/the-campaign-is-live

Completely hackable laptop; all the designs (that are possible) are
libre, and you can even 3d print to replace many of the parts.

However my impression is that running Guix on ARM is not necessarily
straightforward.  I haven't tried it yet.

Most important specs:

    CPU: NXP/Freescale i.MX8MQ with 4x ARM Cortex-A53 cores (1.5 GHz),
      1x Cortex-M4F core. CPU and RAM are on exchangeable SO-DIMM sized
      module.
    RAM: 4GB LPDDR4 memory
    GPU: Vivante GC7000Lite GPU with mainline Linux drivers and OpenGL
      2.1, ES 2.0

(My other main worry is: that's pretty light on RAM these days...!
But hey, maybe incentive for me to cut the fat in the programs I use a
bit more...)

I am thinking of getting one and running Guix on it.  It would be nice
to know that I wouldn't be alone. :)  Anyone else planning to get one
and joing me on the journey on maybe the most hacker-oriented laptop
ever?

 - Chris