Re: Guix on the MNT Reform

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Guix on the MNT Reform
Date: Fri, 08 May 2020 20:19:13 +0200

Christopher Lemmer Webber <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm very excited to see the MNT Reform launch:
>
>   https://www.crowdsupply.com/mnt/reform
>   https://www.crowdsupply.com/mnt/reform/updates/the-campaign-is-live
>
> Completely hackable laptop; all the designs (that are possible) are
> libre, and you can even 3d print to replace many of the parts.

It looks quite expensive.  Did you look at the Pinebook Pro?

https://www.pine64.org/pinebook-pro/
https://store.pine64.org/?product=14%e2%80%b3-pinebook-pro-linux-laptop-64gb-emmc-iso-keyboard-estimated-dispatch-in-october-2019

I have ordered their Rockpro64 single-board computer to start Guix
experimentation on it.  It is an arm64 platform.

https://store.pine64.org/?product=rockpro64-4gb-single-board-computer

/Simon