Setting up a python environment

From: Roy Lemmon
Subject: Setting up a python environment
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 13:34:09 +0100

Hi,

I would like to ask about the general philosophy of setting up a python
environment under guix.

For other linux systems I have used pip to manage python packages and
libraries.

In guix is the idea that guix replaces pip for managing packages and
libraries ? So I would create a python-package for any missing python
packages ? In the guix package lists, I can find many of the python
libraries but there are a few missing that I would like, eg. astropy - an
astronomy analysis library. So should I be creating a guix package for that
rather than installing with pip ?

Thanks
Roy.