Re: Is there a NPM importer?

From: divoplade
Subject: Re: Is there a NPM importer?
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 22:48:24 +0200

Le lundi 18 mai 2020 à 16:21 -0400, Julien Lepiller a écrit :
> When considering build-time dependencies, there are many cycles that
> makes an importer almost impossible to create. There is some code
> that works (at least it used to work) when you don't need a recursive
> import, but it would be useless because most packages require
> thousands of packages at build time.
I am trying to know if it would be feasible to package rdflib and
solid-auth-client. Debian has managed to do some work about it
https://wiki.debian.org/Javascript/Nodejs/Tasks/rdflib, I don't know
how good it is.

When I pull them, npm says it 'added 144 packages'.

I am not an expert in npm, but if I install whatever is under
node_modules, I reach a convergence at 194 packages.

I am not sure how to count the build packages, but I like the idea of
discarding tests and minifiers. Maybe that would help.

So, is the framagit version the latest work?