Re: Erlang + Emacs profile

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Erlang + Emacs profile
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 00:08:40 +0200

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 at 23:12, Zelphir Kaltstahl <zelphirkaltstahl@posteo.de>
wrote:

> I'm only trying to understand how it would work with 2 Emacs, one in the
> main profile and one in another profile, which can be created from
> manifest. What I would like to achieve is, that I can do some literate
> programming in org-mode, while following along an online course about
> Erlang. In the past I had some pretty good experience with that approach
> to understanding some code and making sure I also write down what I
> understand, so that later on, I can go back and read again. I am not
> asking, whether this is a good or typical approach to any Erlang
> development.

Having 2 Emacs instances, one in your default profile and one in your
Erlang dev profile does not mean you need complicated init.el file.  As
I wrote you earlier, you can use 'with-eval-after-load' and everything
will be fine, even using only one ~/.emacs.d.

> Thanks Simon, it helps!

Welcome!  Feel free to ask. :-)

All the best,
simon