Re: Run graphical application in container

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Run graphical application in container
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 22:57:14 +0200

For me, Eolie now fails with

(org.gnome.Eolie:1): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 20:53:32.105: Settings schema
'org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color' is not installed

This was not the case a few weeks ago when I published the eolie example
in the manual, so I guess this issue was introduced with a recent update.

Installing gnome-settings-daemon to the default profile works when
running eolie outside a container.

About your question:

> Do we generally lack a reproducible way to be able to link in whatever
> xauthority foo?
>
> Docker and flatpack and etc must have already figured this out, right?
> (Or maybe things are easier in wayland?  I'm skeptical though...)

I think not, it's just our Eolie package that's broken :)

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/