Re: Which package installed which dependency?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Which package installed which dependency?
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 15:42:08 +0200

Hi Tobias,

On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 at 15:06, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> wrote:

>   λ guix graph --path -t references `readlink -f
>   /run/current-system` bash
>   guix graph: error: no path from '/gnu/store/cca…-system' to
>   '/gnu/store/vk4…-bash-5.0.16-doc'
>
> The guix command above is the same version of Guix that built
> current-system, and current-system's closure does contain that
> bash's :out.
>
> I'm sure I simply don't understand exactly how ‘guix graph’ works.
> In fact I'm certain of it.  That's something I can fix.

I think you identified one of the improvement already discussed when
introducing [1] the command. :-)

1: http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/41164#12

Basically, "guix graph --path" does not manage correctly the packages
with several outputs.

Maybe you could open a bug report for remembering to fix. :-)

All the best,
simon