Re: Yubikey setup for GPG

From: pukkamustard
Subject: Re: Yubikey setup for GPG
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 20:10:52 +0200

Hello Joseph,

I'm using a Yubikey with GnuPG on Guix, but don't remember the exact
steps I had to do to make it work.

I do have the pcscd-service started with following entry:

(service pcscd-service-type)

I didn't find any other special configuration anywhere else.

Hope that helps,
-pukkamustard

LaFreniere, Joseph <joseph@lafreniere.xyz> writes:

Does anyone have a working guide for setting up a Yubikey for use with GnuPG in Guix System? It seems that the packaged gpg is built with pcsc-lite rather than scdaemon, so much of the information in e.g. the Arch wiki is not applicable.

The specific error I'm getting when running `gpg2 --card-status` is

gpg: selecting card failed: No such device
gpg: OpenPGP card not available: No such device