Re: How to create a substitute server with substitutes that failed?

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: How to create a substitute server with substitutes that failed?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 11:26:43 -0400

I suppose, but that's going to be a bit of work. I'm not very knowledgeable on
this part of guix. I think you'll need to generate a narinfo and a nar for each
store item you want to be available. Maybe you can run guix publish locally and
mirror the files it serves on your server?

You'll need to publish /<store hash of output>.narifo and the other files it
references (the nar archives themselves).

So you'd download them from localhost and send them to your server. Your guix
daemon must trust the builder's public key, or the substitute will not be
downloaded.