Re: Eog not starting

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Eog not starting
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2020 18:58:59 +0200

Hello,

On Wed, Sep 02, 2020 at 06:24:53PM +0200, raingloom wrote:
> You need to install gsettings-desktop-schemas.
> This should probably be documented somewhere...

great, thanks a lot, this solved the problem.

So strictly speaking, gsettings-desktop-schemas should be a propagated
input of eog, and probably all other gnome packages? Compared to other
distros, this looks like a serious usability problem to me (and in a
sense, we are not tracking dependencies correctly).

Andreas