Re: Guix on Novena

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Guix on Novena
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 22:12:13 +0200

On Sun, Sep 06, 2020 at 07:23:33AM -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> I'm not sure if the bootloader can be installed on the full-sized SD
> slot, but certainly works with the annoying microSD slot. Sometimes the
> enumeration of the device number may vary from one kernel version or
> even boot to the next (though it's gotten more stable in recent years).

I tried the (micro-)SD card with an adapter in the big slot, and my board
does not boot from it out of the box.

And the current SD card is too small to hold enough of Guix to do a
"guix system init". Moreover, when trying to copy it via dd, an error
occurs, which is always suspicious... So I will have to buy a new card.
I am sure there is an envelope somewhere with a bunch of micro-SD
cards, but I do not quite remember where.

Maybe it is time to put this project on hold for a few days, also given
the little power the machine has... I feel like I am putting more energy
into getting it set up than we will get out of its package building power.

Andreas