Re: find and install a LaTeX package

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: find and install a LaTeX package
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 21:43:58 +0200

Hello Marco,

On Wed, Sep 09, 2020 at 03:43:18PM +0200, Marco van Hulten wrote:
> * Is 'texlive' really complete including all packages published on CTAN?

I think so. The big "texlive" package is compiled from one big tarball
published by the TeXlive project. I am not sure what they put into it,
but I always thought it was all of CTAN.

If in doubt, if you have space and if you might need a random CTAN package
in offline situations, I would recommend the monolithic package. The other
ones are definitely less complete.

Andreas