Re: guix pull: error: Git error: invalid content-type: 'text/plain'

From: divoplade
Subject: Re: guix pull: error: Git error: invalid content-type: 'text/plain'
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 19:28:57 +0200

Hello,

Le mardi 15 septembre 2020 à 09:08 +0200, Jelle Licht a écrit :
> I know this error! I had it happen to me way back when libgit tries
> work with a remote that exposes the older http-based git protocol.
> AFAIK
> (but this was some time ago) libgit does not support this.

It is weird that guix using libgit cannot do what git does. Maybe git
does not use libgit?

> See [0] for a explanation on which protocols are supported. Perhaps
> you
> can try to use of the other protocols to see if that helps you? YMMV,
> of
> course :-).
>
> - Jelle
>
> [0]
> https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-on-the-Server-The-Protocols#_the_protocols

Thank you for that pointer.

There does not seem to be a good solution outside of what I have. The
"newer" version (with a more modern CGI-based technology stack!) is
much more complex to set up.

Perhaps the smartest thing for me to do would be to install the cgit
guix service
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Version-Control-Services.html.

Best regards,

divoplade