Problem with guix pull (error when generating cashe for a package)

From: Todor Kondić
Subject: Problem with guix pull (error when generating cashe for a package)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 07:18:54 +0000

Hi,

Doing a pull this morning (guix pull -c4) results in this error:
(repl-version 0 1 1)
Generating package cache for
'/gnu/store/9h588g8m8rz57yy465gi32m0822s1nsd-profile'...
(exception unbound-variable (value #f) (value "Unbound variable: ~S") (value
(r-preprocesscore)) (value #f))

I thought this is odd, because no R programs are in my default profile. I also
do not think those listed below depend on r-preprocesscore:

guix package -I:
markdown
pigz
whois
recordmydesktop
git
angband
gnucash
crawl
crawl-tiles
w3m
gimp
stellarium
celestia
tuxpaint
adb

*** end list of installed packages ***

Another interesting thing is that when,

guix package -r gnucash

I get,

guix package: warning: Your Guix installation is 26 days old.
guix package: warning: Consider running 'guix pull' followed by
'guix package -u' to get up-to-date packages and security updates.

guix package: error: package 'gnucash' not found in profile

*** end of remove gnucash output ***

I do have other profiles laying around, but they should not matter in this
case, should they?