Re: Guix Bluetooth Headset

From: Yasuaki Kudo
Subject: Re: Guix Bluetooth Headset
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 22:17:06 +0900

I totally agree - while diverging a little from my original bluetooth question,
it seems that we need to have an "unofficial" "Guix-Compromised" downstream
distribution.

The frustrating thing is that with the zero-tolerance attitude of Guix project
(while well-meaning and I applaud such high standards), it is difficult to even
discuss such things as tactical abandonment of libre-software purity in order
dramatically improve the actual end-user experience.

We only effectively discuss delivering the best possible user-experience (while
ignoring the ethical questions) when we can employ all possible means including
using bad software form companies we dislike.

Having said that, I think the Guix' stance is actually very defendable and we
would be barking up the wrong tree to complain to the Guix team.

This is why I think we need a proper downstream distribution of Guix with the
goal of delivering the best Linux experience albeit with perhaps degraded
software purity. 😅

-Yasu