Re: Error in package building : error[E0463]: can't find crate for `open

From: John Soo
Subject: Re: Error in package building : error[E0463]: can't find crate for `openssl_src`
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 05:46:59 -0700

     Hello Hamzeh,

Take a look at gnu/packages/crates-io.scm for other examples of rust-openssl.
We try to avoid vendored sources. Recent versions of rust-openssl-sys also
complicate this by requiring particular versions of openssl.    While it’s nice
that they are explicit about the dependency, we don’t have them in the package
set.

Finally and probably most immediately useful to you, check out
gnu/packages/rust-apps.scm. You may need to set the OPENSSL_DIR environment
variable to the location of the openssl dependency.

I see the “vendored” feature in the Cargo.toml that makes me think this may not
work, but that would be where I start.

Good luck,

John