Re: problem with common lisp

From: Guillaume Le Vaillant
Subject: Re: problem with common lisp
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 19:02:05 +0200

Adam Kandur <rndd@tuta.io> skribis:

> Hi! thank you for this question. dont have to much knowledge about cpu. i
> attached lscpu output. if you find something interesting in it, let me know,
> please
>
> Oct 24, 2020, 16:35 by glv@posteo.net:
>

>> Adam Kandur via <help-guix@gnu.org> skribis:
>>
>>> hi, i realized that i have this problem with sbcl itself, if i install sbcl
>>> in my main profile (without any of my packages, only sbcl from guix
>>> channel) i still got this error:
>>>
>>> fatal error encountered in SBCL pid 1954 tid 1954:
>>> Unhandled SIGILL at 0x52000e9d.
>>>

>> Out of curiosity, what does the "lscpu" command return on your machine
>> (the flags in particular)?

According to [1], there is a bug in SBCL 2.0.9 that causes an illegal
instruction error on CPUs that support the popcnt instruction but not
the AVX instructions. It it the case of your CPU.
This bug has been fixed in the master branch of SBCL's repository, so
the next version of SBCL (which will be released soon I think) should
work on your machine.

[1]
https://www.reddit.com/r/sbcl/comments/j824cs/does_binary_209_require_some_fancy_x86/