Re: What are you chroot battle stories?

From: elaexuotee
Subject: Re: What are you chroot battle stories?
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 09:33:36 +0900

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> wrote:
> This is about chrooting a serviceable Guix-the-package-manager,
> not running Guix System/Shepherd in the chroot, right?

Exactly. You've understood correctly.

> Did you manage to rescue your system in the end?

Yup!

> I find that claim surprising too.  Running/rescuing Guix in a
> chroot has never been anything less than routine IME (...I guess
> that's a success story? :-)  The steps[0] you use to chroot Guix
> apply to most any other distribution.

This is what I thought, too! That is part of the reason for this post. I was
thinking that there *must* be something I am missing. You are probably correct
that #guix was thinking I meant runnig Shepherd.

Anyway, thank's for taking the time to clear that up.

Cheers,