Re: Who has had success installing a Guix system on arm?

From: Simon South
Subject: Re: Who has had success installing a Guix system on arm?
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 09:29:38 -0500

Jesse Gibbons <jgibbons2357@gmail.com> writes:
> Has anyone in this mailing list successfully used the Guix system on
> an armhf or aarch64 computer?

Yes; I'm currently running up-to-date versions of Guix System on a
ROCK64 and a Pinebook Pro, both AArch64 systems from PINE64
(https://pine64.org/).

I wrote at the time about my experience getting the ROCK64 up and
running, including a sample operating-system definition:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2020-04/msg00153.html

This is still essentially current, except there is no need for the
ridiculous dance involving moving a jumper around; turns out U-Boot
offers a command that makes it easy to start up from one device but
finish booting from another.

As others have noted, AArch64 support in Guix is generally quite good
now, but a certain amount of patience is required.

--
Simon South
simon@simonsouth.net