Re: guix system docker-image : missing root file system and 'incompatibl

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: guix system docker-image : missing root file system and 'incompatible bytecode kind'
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 09:02:11 +0100

Dear,

On Sat, 31 Oct 2020 at 15:31, edk@beaver-labs.com wrote:

> What I don't understand is that if I use `guix pack` I can get a docker
> image with my software installed. However I must then run
> docker run denatting:latest denat
> to run the server.

Passing the option ’--entry-point=denat’ to “guix pack -f docker” does
not do the trick?

> My goal here is to create a shepherd service so that the client just has
> to run
> docker run denatting:latest
> without habing to specify a command, and with shepherd monitoring the
> server and restarting it when it crashes.

I have not looked at your config file.

 1. Does your ’denat’ service simply work on a plain Guix?
 2. Is your config correct?  Because this is weird:

failed to start service 'file-systems'

[...]

failed to start service 'mcron'

All the best,