Unison with non-Guix machines

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Unison with non-Guix machines
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 20:05:18 +0100

Hello,

after the recent move to a newer ocaml version, I cannot unison any more
with my work machine, which has
   unison version 2.51.2 (ocaml 4.07.1)
instead of our new
   unison version 2.51.2 (ocaml 4.09.0)
This raises error messages of this kind:
Fatal error: Server: Fatal error during unmarshaling (input_value: ill-formed
message),
possibly because client and server have been compiled with differentversions of
the OCaml compiler.
(there are weird languages out there!)

Previously, I had somehow managed to copy a statically linked unison to the
other machine (which does not run Guix). Do you have a tip on how I can
obtain such a version? Possibly with Guix? Or do I need to compile it
by hand?

Andreas