Re: Replacing python venv - environment or profile?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Replacing python venv - environment or profile?
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 00:09:11 +0100

Dear,

On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 at 22:54, Christopher Lam <christopher.lck@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to reproduce my current dev environment.

Cool!  Please report if you hit troubles.

> Dependencies are https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Installing_Dependencies

The command

   guix environment gnucash

instantiates an environment with all the inputs necessary to build it;
namely, all the inputs that Guix uses to build it.  And if you want to
create a persistent profile with these dependencies:

  guix environment gnucash -r ~/gnucash-profile

> My dev environment is emacs + magit ivy etc

I miss your point and what you have tried to mean with:

    - similar tutorial for other text editors eg vscode

All the best,
simon