Can I easily install GNU Emacs 27.1.50 via Guix?

From: Jorge P. de Morais Neto
Subject: Can I easily install GNU Emacs 27.1.50 via Guix?
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 13:46:14 -0300

Hi.  For GNU Emacs I manually compile the latest code from the emacs-27
branch (and install it with GNU Stow).  That's because I want the latest
features and fixes, but I fear that the master branch could be
unreliable when used together with certain external packages such as
Notmuch.  When there's a pretest version of emacs-28, I intend to switch
to it---before it is stable---but first I'll ask on the Notmuch mailing
list.

The problem with locally compiling Emacs is that it doesn't see
Guix-installed Elisp packages.  I currently get packages from ELPA (GNU,
Org, Melpa and Melpa-Stable) but the last two have ethical problems, so
I would prefer to get my packages via Guix.  I haven't yet studied Guix
packaging, however, so I need an easy solution.  So is it possible and
easy to get Emacs 27.1.50 via Guix?

Regards

--
- <https://jorgemorais.gitlab.io/justice-for-rms/>
- If an email of mine arrives at your spam box, please notify me.