Re: NAS drive

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: NAS drive
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 17:16:11 +0100

Hullo!

Had a spare minute to try my new shiny kernel, now sporting the cream of 1980s file sharing:

~ λ grep ^CONFIG_NFS /run/current-system/kernel/.config CONFIG_NFS_FS=m
 CONFIG_NFS_V3=m
 CONFIG_NFS_FSCACHE=y
 CONFIG_NFS_DISABLE_UDP_SUPPORT=y
 CONFIG_NFS_COMMON=y

Much less than Guix's linux-libre package enables by default, but it should suffice -- I think?

For now:

 # With ‘mount’ patched to look in /run/setuid-programs:
 ~ λ sudo mount -t nfs 1.2.3.4:/ /mnt
 mount.nfs: Protocol not supported

OK, I'm obviously missing an NFS server to actually test, but maybe it works now?

Be sure to pull before testing as I fixed a different bug in nfs-utils on master.

Kind regards,

T G-R