Re: Can I easily install GNU Emacs 27.1.50 via Guix?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Can I easily install GNU Emacs 27.1.50 via Guix?
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 10:50:06 +0100

Carlo Zancanaro <carlo@zancanaro.id.au> writes:

> I run into a similar problem where my window manager (awesomewm) sets
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH, which then propagates to everything I run from my
> session. It's quite a pain. I thought there was an open issue for
> this, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

gnome-shell from Guix does that too.  I think I introduced this bug when
I upgraded Gnome many months ago; it seemed necessary then but it may no
longer be needed.

We should remove the LD_LIBRARY_PATH from there.  I cannot test this
right now, but if a reconfigured system with this change boots fine and
a user can log in, then there’s no reason to keep the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
wrapping.

--
Ricardo