Re: Behaviour change when closing laptop lid: it no longer suspends

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Behaviour change when closing laptop lid: it no longer suspends
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 14:36:26 +0100

Pierre,

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice 写道:
I'll add the above to my next reconfiguration (tonight or tomorrow)
and will let you know what happens here.

I hoped to gleefully report failure (especially after Maxime's message), but my X230T suspends fine on mains power with the following snippet:

  (service elogind-service-type
    (elogind-configuration
      (handle-lid-switch-external-power 'suspend)
      (handle-power-key 'hibernate)))

The machine instantly falls asleep (crescent moon light) and my display is swaylocked when it resumes. This is on guix 4ea2e1a9ebfd92a6ce79c631a4c2230ed5825c04, kernel based on upstream 5.10.

Hm.

T G-R