Re: Install `guix pull'ed Guix to target partition on system install

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Install `guix pull'ed Guix to target partition on system install
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 14:07:07 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 at 13:26, Pierre Neidhardt <mail@ambrevar.xyz> wrote:

>> This is done as root, right?
>
> Yes, since the install media has no other user.

[...]

>>> I've got to do on reboot it rerun
>>>
>>> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>>> guix pull -C my-channels.scm
>>
>> This is done as user, right?  Even maybe for all the users?
>
> As user, indeed.

Therefore, since the 2 profiles could be seen as independent, I do not
know if it is possible to really improve here; by design.

The first pull could be long and resource hungry but the second one
should be a bit quicker.  Well, it depends on how many commits are done
in the meantime (between the 2 pulls).

All the best,
simon