Re: Full Disk Encryption

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: Full Disk Encryption
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 18:21:31 -0500

Hey sullentrapdoor@airmail.cc!

Thanks for sharing that LVM support was added to guix!  I had not heard
about that!  That's awesome!  And thanks Mikhail Tsykalov for committing
it!  I'm pretty sure with a name like Mikhail, you have to be a genius.
Am I right?

For the commit message, it looks like LVM support was added on
11/25/2020.  So like, really recently.  It also looks like there has
only been one commit:  The commit to package LVM, which includes the
comment that guix currently doesn't support root-on-LVM.

My intuition tells me that currently guix does not support /root on
LVM.  I suppose it's just a little difficult to get that support set up
at the moment.  But you could always give Mikhail a financial tip to add
LVM /root support!  I'll chip in $5 toward this goal if you do!  Anyone
else that wants this support, feel free to respond with however much you
would donate for this support.

Man this is super cool news!  I've really wanted to play around with LVM
for quite some time now!

--
Joshua Branson
Sent from Emacs and Gnus

enough other people get what they want." - Zig Ziglar