Re: Emacs use-package: Guix backend?

From: John Soo
Subject: Re: Emacs use-package: Guix backend?
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 20:03:54 -0800

     Hey guix,

I was perusing the use-package docs and it seems guix is already somewhat
supported. Have you seen :ensure-system-package?
https://github.com/jwiegley/use-package#use-package-ensure-system-package
The system-package dependency lists guix as supported. I suppose one difficulty
is that it doesn’t really cover emacs packages.    However the ensure
functionality is configurable with use-package-ensure-function and
use-package-pre-ensure-function. That is mentioned in the docs also:
https://github.com/jwiegley/use-package#usage-with-other-package-managers. I
would like to see that in emacs-guix. On that note, I have some news and work
to do on that front...

What do you think?

- John