Re: Find installed library version of GNU Guix commit x

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Find installed library version of GNU Guix commit x
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 13:30:57 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, 6 Jan 2021 at 20:52, Zelphir Kaltstahl
<zelphirkaltstahl@posteo.de> wrote:

> I would like to know a command line way of finding the version of a
> library, which I install, when I am using time-machine as follows:

[...]

> So I already learned today:
>
> 1. Revisions seem to be the same thing as commit ids in the version
> control system. Just a different name for the same thing.
>
> 2. Apparently package derivations are "the versions following from a git
> commit of Guix", but there can be more shown, than I expected.
>
> Can you help me Guix noob out?^^

What are you asking?  Sorry, I am confused and I am not sure to understand.

About the Data Service, the commit ranges work per "state".  See [1]
for an example.  Therefore, they are not always accurate.

1: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-11/msg00420.html

All the best,
simon