Re: Bug? Haskell GHC wont' work since ghc@8.6?

From: yasu
Subject: Re: Bug? Haskell GHC wont' work since ghc@8.6?
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 15:04:21 +0900

Hi John,
Thank you, after installing gcc-toolchain, it worked!
Then this is indeed a bug that should be very simple to fix?   Just
require gcc-toolchain (or some of its required features) as a GHC's
dependency?
I am also curious, what kind of testing (if any?) does Guix perform for
packages??  Or is GHC already marked as broken?
(Apology for repeated question marks :-))
~/co/haskell-tiny-intro/exercise (master *)$ guix install gcc-
toolchain...~/co/haskell-tiny-intro/exercise (master *)$ ghc a.hs[1 of
1] Compiling Main             ( a.hs, a.o )Linking a ...~/co/haskell-
tiny-intro/exercise (master *)$ ghc --versionThe Glorious Glasgow
Haskell Compilation System, version 8.8.3
Cheers,
Yasu
On Sun, 2021-01-10 at 21:49 -0800, John Soo wrote:

> Hi yasu,
> Compiling with ghc requires a c toolchain (like gcc-toolchain)
> installed to work. Can you try again after installing gcc-toolchain?
>  Ghc has not been perfect for me recently but I use it quite a lot.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> John

PNG image