Re: How to remove guix

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: How to remove guix
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 15:15:58 -0500

Le 14 janvier 2021 08:34:33 GMT-05:00, Mick Sulley <mick@sulley.info> a écrit :
>I am having real problems with Unison, I installed via Guix and it is
>not working so I want to remove it and try with an apt install.
>
>I have run
>
>     guix package -r unison
>
>and it seems to work, I have also installed unison with
>
>     sudo apt install unison
>
>and that seemed to work as well but then I see
>
>mick@holly:~$ unison -version
>-bash: /home/mick/.guix-profile/bin/unison: No such file or directory
>mick@holly:~$
>
>so it is looking for the guix version and not seeing the standard apt
>install.  So
>
>1) How can I get it to look for the standard version rather than the
>guix version

I think your issue is that bash keeps a cache of binary locations. You can try
in a new terminal, or after running "hash unison" (no output if all goes well).
Then you should be able to run the unison from apt.

>2) How can I remove guix completely?  I have searched on-line and
>cannot
>see anything on this.

You should remove /gnu, /var/guix, ~/.guix-profile and ~/.config/guix. Possibly
some symlinks from /usr/local too.