Re: converting a distro to guixsd

From: jbranso
Subject: Re: converting a distro to guixsd
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 19:47:36 +0000

Hello Kevin!

Why yes there is!

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Binary-Installation.html

Note: We recommend the use of this shell installer script. The script automates
the download, installation, and initial configuration steps described below. It
should be run as the root user. As root, you can thus run this:

cd /tmp
wget https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/plain/etc/guix-install.sh
chmod +x guix-install.sh
./guix-install.sh

It is possible to convert say Debian into Guix System.  After you install guix
the package manager onto debian, then you create for config.scm file, then run
as root

guix system reconfigure config.scm

Please note that this is perhaps not the ideal way to use install guix system,
because a majority of debian specific files will still
be present.  So you will have a mix match of stale unused debian files along
side guix specific files.

Have you tried the guix system installation?

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/System-Installation.html#System-Installation

Thanks,

Joshua