Re: Emacs Guix and channels

From: Sergiu Ivanov
Subject: Re: Emacs Guix and channels
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 10:29:26 +0100

Thus quoth  Joshua Branson  on Thu Jan 21 2021 at 21:20 (+0100):
> Sergiu Ivanov <sivanov@colimite.fr> writes:
>
>> Hi John,
>> Tell me how I can help.
>>
>> I picked up Guix a couple of weeks ago and my Elisp programming
>> experience is quite limited, but I may still be useful :-)
>>

> I think emacs-guix has been broken for a while.  There is a new effort
> to fix it.

Ah, that's good news.  My impression from hanging around the Guix
ecosystem for a little while is that Emacs integration is a popular
selling point, so it would be nice to have it working :-)

> The new home for emacs-guix is at savannah.
>
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/emacs-guix.git
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC sh
> git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix/emacs-guix.git
> #+END_SRC

Thanks a lot, I wasn't aware of this recent migration!  I'll check later
today which version of Emacs-Guix I am using.

I will not be available for contributions immediately, but I should be
good to go in a couple of weeks, and Emacs-Guix seems like a nice first
target. (Unless John and the other contributors fix all the issues in
the meantime :D)

> Other relevant links:
>
> http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/guix
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2021-01/msg00170.html

Thank you for all these links!  Very helpful.

-
Sergiu