Re: Emacs Guix and channels

From: Sergiu Ivanov
Subject: Re: Emacs Guix and channels
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 21:59:04 +0100

Hi simon,

Thus quoth  zimoun  on Mon Jan 25 2021 at 13:47 (+0100):
> On Wed, 20 Jan 2021 at 20:32, Sergiu Ivanov <sivanov@colimite.fr> wrote:
>
>> I am moving to Guix after 4 years of using Nix, mainly because Guix is
>> Lisp-based and Emacs friendly, and because I love the documentation.
>
> Nice to see you there!
>
> If I remember correctly our quick chat in some previous
> (french/parisian?)  Emacs Meetup,

Aaah, right!  I thought your nickname and your name felt familiar, but
I had trouble connecting the Meetup and this mailing list ^.^

> you could be interested by: Guix Workflow Language (GWL) [1] which is
> an experiment for a better (opinionated!) alternative to Snakemake or
> Common Workflow Languageā€¦  maybe Makefile. ;-)

GWL looks dope!  I have a couple questions, but I'll have to think more
about it.

> And in case, do not miss Guix and Science [2], focused on HPC, but time
> to time about Reproducible Science and friends.

Cool!  My work is somewhat far from HPC, but I bump into this domain
from time to time.  Reproducible Science on the other hand interests me
a lot, and this may be an excellent opportunity to do more of it.

> Discussions happen on #guix-hpc [3] and (low) traffic on guix-science
> mailing list [4].

Subscribed to guix-science!

Thanks a lot simon for your message and the references, I really feel
welcome ^.^

-
Sergiu