Re: Running Substitute Server over https

From: Edouard Klein
Subject: Re: Running Substitute Server over https
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 11:58:27 +0100

Hi phil,

Not answering your question directly, but last time I wanted to secure
the connection between a client and a substitute I used an ssh tunnel:

# On the server
guix archive --generate-key
ssh root@client guix archive --authorize < /etc/guix/signing-key.pub
guix publish&
ssh -N -R 8081:localhost:8080 root@client&

# On the client
guix build --substitute-urls=http://localhost:8081 whatever

This may or may not be amendable to your situation, and may or may not
lend itself to tlstunnel instead of ssh.

Good luck :)