Re: help with packaging a common lisp software

From: Guillaume Le Vaillant
Subject: Re: help with packaging a common lisp software
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 14:27:47 +0100

cage <cage-dev@twistfold.it> skribis:

> On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 10:03:02PM +0100, cage wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> With help from many people i managed to build the package!
>
> But there is  a single issue left, this program  uses ncurses for TUI,
> when built with  guix it fails to render properly  the character. This
> problem does not arises when compiling the software on the same machine
> but without guix.
>
> I would be glad if some one could confirm the issue on their machine.
>
> To reproduce the problem just, after  the program starts, type ">" and
> then type an  accented letter or even backspace, the  line will be all
> messed up after typing.
>
> Thank in advance!
> C.

Hi,

I took a look at your file and it looks like you are using an old
version of Guix. The 'asd-system-name' parameter no longer exists and
has been replaced by the 'asd-systems' parameter several months ago.
At which commit is your Guix? (you can get it with the "guix describe"
command).

I made a few modifications to your file (in attachment) to make it work
with a more recent Guix, but Tinmop crashed when I tried to start it,
with the following error:

#<SB-INT:SIMPLE-PROGRAM-ERROR "invalid number of arguments: ~S" {100BBD2663}>
debugger invoked on a SB-INT:SIMPLE-PROGRAM-ERROR in thread
#<THREAD "main thread" RUNNING {1004698103}>:
  invalid number of arguments: 1

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:EXIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [REPLACE-FUNCTION] Call a different function with the same arguments
  1: [CALL-FORM       ] Call a different form
  2: [ABORT           ] Exit from the current thread.

((LAMBDA NIL :IN RESOURCES-UTILS::GET-RESOURCE-FILE) #<SIMPLE-ERROR "Cannot
find \"client\" in either
\"/gnu/store/qpr0zxgq5r4jz9mvk5y7b8s5yrwhdglw-tinmop-0.5.2-1.ceb965d/share/tinmop/client\"
 or \"/home/guillaume/.local/share/tinmop//client\"." {100BBD1EA3}>) [external]
   error finding frame source: Bogus form-number: the source file has probably
                               changed too much to cope with.
   source: NIL
0]

Is there some extra configuration required to start the program
correctly?