Android development in Guix

From: Ekaitz Zarraga
Subject: Android development in Guix
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2021 18:51:21 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to setup some Android development tooling in my Guix machine and I
wonder if someone has done it before.

I tried, even if I don't like it, to run android studio using OpenJDK and
Icedtea and I'm getting this error:

```
JDK Required: Cannot load a JDK class: com.sun.jdi.Field
Please ensure you run the IDE on JDK rather than JRE.
```

This is the perfect excuse to use something else that fits better with our
philosophy but I'm not sure about what to do.

Does anyone have a solution to the error or an alternative that is more
acceptable?

I'm open to any suggestion you have to make Android development: programming
languages, tooling... I don't really have any precondition. I'm just looking
for the most free-software friendly way to make simple and reasonable Android
development that fits Guix.

Thanks!