Re: nix shellHook equivalent for guix environment?

From: Pierre-Antoine Bouttier
Subject: Re: nix shellHook equivalent for guix environment?
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 07:57:42 +0100

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your answer. Some interface helpers to build a proper
manifest.scm would be appreciated, but this not really my problem here.

Just FYI, nix-shell command is the equivalent of guix environment, and
shellHook is the keyword of a particular section in the nix equivalent of
manifest.scm.

In fact, what I want to do is: based on a file (like manifest.scm), I want to
describe :
- describe inputs of my guix-environment
- define a bunch of commands that will be launched in the new shell created by
the guix environment command (e.g. defining env variables). This is what
shellHook does.

I hope I am clear.

Thank you again.
---