Re: Asking for clarifications

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Asking for clarifications
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 09:12:24 +0100

Hi Екатерина,

> I presumed that GPLv2 would make the whole product subject to the term of
> this particular license. Still your product is licensed under GPLv3, if I
> am correct?

Individual packages provided by Guix don’t have to be licensed under
compatible licenses.

The source code of Guix is licensed under GPLv3 or later.  The sources
of Linux are indeed under GPLv2.

There is no single license for the whole system, and we don’t claim that
the whole system is licensed under the license under which the sources
of Guix are released.

--
Ricardo