Re: paper book(s) on guix use

From: Gary Johnson
Subject: Re: paper book(s) on guix use
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 19:51:40 -0400

Ralph Randall <ralphrandall043@gmail.com> writes:

> I am new both to GNU/Linux and to 21st century computers, and I have very
> little experience with any graphic user interface.  GUIs are often said to
> be "intuitive", but I never found them so.  But I think I will soon need to
> use Gnome and/or Mate.
>    I am also a beginner at internet/web access, depending so far on a cell
> phone.  I've been searching the web for a physical book on how to use
> Guix.   I have yet found only one such book, through the web:  "Mastering
> Gnome", by Bryan Pfaffenberger.  Can anyone steer me to any others?

The definitive and most up-to-date documentation on Guix (both the
package manager and the OS built around it) is the Guix Info Pages. On
any machine with Guix (and the "info" command installed), simply type
this at your terminal (don't type the dollar sign):

$ info guix

Then read away to your heart's content.

Happy hacking,
  Gary

--
GPG Key ID: 7BC158ED
Use `gpg --search-keys lambdatronic' to find me

Why is HTML email a security nightmare? See https://useplaintext.email/

Please avoid sending me MS-Office attachments.