Re: minetest, minetest-data, and minetest-mineclone, have updated.

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: minetest, minetest-data, and minetest-mineclone, have updated.
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 20:48:45 +0100

Hi, Matthew

On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 at 13:10, Matthew Brooks <matthewfbrooks@mailbox.org> wrote:
> Not sure where the proper place is to report updates, so I figured I'd
> post it here for now.

Thanks for the report.

> minetest, minetest-data, and minetest-mineclone, all have updates.
>
> minetest's new version is "5.4.0", and it's new hash is
> "1a17g6cmxrscnqwpwrd4w2ck3dgvplyfq4kzyimilfpqar1q69j9".
>
> minetest-data's new hash is
> "11dz36z0pj2r7i8xm8v5lskzws81ckj6sc0avlmvdl8qdc9x83w5". (It's version
> is automatically matched to minetest's.)
>
> minetest-mineclone's new version is "0.71.0", and it's new hash is
> "0qm809dqvxc7pa1cr9skmglq9vrbq5hhm4c4m5yi46ldh1v96dgf".

What do you think to submit these as 2 patches to guix-patches?

The entry point is:

<https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Contributing>

which can be summarized as:

  guix environment guix --ad-hoc git:send-email
  ./bootstrap
  ./configure –localstatedir=/var/
  make

then update the version number and hash of one package minetest and
minetest-data then build the new version:

  ./pre-inst-env guix build minetest minetest-data --no-grafts

you can also use build a second time with the option --check to ensure
that the package build reproductibly.  Commit with a message according
the standards.  Repeat for the other package.  Use git-format-patch and
send with git-send-email the first patch to guix-patches@gnu.org, wait
and send the second to 123456@debbugs.gnu.org where 123456 is the bug
number returned by Debbugs.

Feel free to ask any question if you need help and/or advice.

Cheers,
simon