Re: Blender freezes i3wm

From: raingloom
Subject: Re: Blender freezes i3wm
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 17:00:45 +0100

On Fri, 19 Mar 2021 12:49:09 +0000
Ekaitz Zarraga <ekaitz@elenq.tech> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > I maaaaay have ran into something similar, but didn't record the
> > exact error at the time.
> > What guix commit are you on? And are you using drivers from The
> > Forbidden Channel?
>

> I've worked on Blender 2.83.9 and Blender 2.91.0 and both had the
> same issue.
>
> I have to admit that I didn't update the window manager in a while.
>
> And yes, I use the drivers from the forbidden channel.
>

> Were you able to fix the issue?

I haven't used it for a long time in a while, so, not sure. I'll do
some more modeling soon, I'll try to push it then.
I'm using Sway currently, which seems rather stable. Maybe try that?
Don't even need to reconfigure, just guix environment --ad-hoc sway
(and maybe some more packages) and dbus-run-session sway on a different
vtty.