Re: Start Xorg server using xinit manually

From: Gary Johnson
Subject: Re: Start Xorg server using xinit manually
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 11:20:21 -0400

Bone Baboon <bone.baboon@disroot.org> writes:

>> Looking at my configuration now, I think the problem might be dbus.
>> Do you have dbus-service enabled? I suspect there might be an
>> implicit dependence between X and udev (which is probably what is
>> responsible for creating /dev/dri/card0) on dbus, that might not be
>> producing any log messages.
>>
>> The minimal X configuration I have is:
>> (dbus-service) (service slim-service-type)
>
> If I use `%base-services` and add `dbus-service` this error goes away:
> (EE) dbus-core: error connecting to system bus:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound (Failed to connect to socket
> /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory)
>
> However the other error messages remain.

Are you including %desktop-services in your (operating-system (services
...)) list? I wonder if your problem is coming from something else in
your operating-system definition that those of us on the mailing list
aren't aware of.

~Gary

--
GPG Key ID: 7BC158ED
Use `gpg --search-keys lambdatronic' to find me

Why is HTML email a security nightmare? See https://useplaintext.email/

Please avoid sending me MS-Office attachments.