Re: Something like nixos-infect?

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: Re: Something like nixos-infect?
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 22:23:29 +0100

Hello,

Since you didn't fully explain what you want to achieve,
I'll speculate a bit...

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 9:59 PM ilmu <ilmu@rishi.is> wrote:
> This is what I have: git.sr.ht/~ilmu/server
>
> The reason I'm posting this here is twofold:
> - maybe someone already has a solution they can share
> - maybe someone would also like to have something like this and appreciates
> the starting point

I think you'll find something useful here:

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Binary-Installation.html
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/plain/etc/guix-install.sh

This could replace line 7-20 from your script, I.e. the "contamination"
part, the "infection" is left as an exercise (and it looks like you're on
the right path)...

;-)

But maybe something like the following would be better suited:
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Invoking-guix-deploy.html#Invoking-guix-deploy

Tchuss

--
Vincent Legoll