Re: Edits to `etc/resolv.conf` being overwritten

From: Bone Baboon
Subject: Re: Edits to `etc/resolv.conf` being overwritten
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 15:07:48 -0400

Gary Johnson writes:
> That's unfortunate to hear. Perhaps you could check out the
> network-manager-service-type? I believe it includes a parameter that
> lets you tell NetworkManager not to overwrite /etc/resolv.conf. The
> command-line interface for NetworkManager is called nmtui. This is what
> I use on my machine.

I do not have NetworkManager installed and am not using
`network-manager-service-type`.  There is no NetworkManager service
listed when I run `sudo herd status`.

The commands I am using to connect to the internet are:

```
sudo ip link set <wireless-interface> up
sudo wpa_supplicant -Dnl80211 -i<wireless-interface> -c/path/to/wpa/config.conf
-B
sudo dhclient <wireless-interface>
```
It is almost like `sudo dhclient <wireless-interface>` is taking
instruction from the router (provided by my internet service provider)
to overwrite `/etc/resolv.conf` to the DNS of my internet service
provider.

> (use-modules (ice-9 rdelim))
>
> (define my-host-aliases (with-input-from-file "/path/to/your/file"
>                                                (lambda () (read-delimited
> ""))))

Thank you for sharing this.  It works for me.